Friday, January 18, 2013

The end of the Last Lecture...

So as I finally wrapped up this amazing book I am truly blessed and grateful to have received this gift. So thank you Ariel. And in return I paid it forward twice.

Im just taking this time to wrap up on the last couple of chapters and key things that stood out to me:
Chapter 39: Be the first Penguin
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. How true is that. It comes into play when hitting those brick walls again or disappointments. It's all about how you take it and move forward with your life and grow from there leading me into a very important lesson that I always thought to be vital in life just as a human being. Randy would always tell his students "go out and do for others what somebody did for you". I've always known this in life. And if I could help anyone with my experience then I've done something right in my life and it's super rewarding.
Another key thing that I take away with me from this book is the art of an apology. I was struggling with this and probably have done it wrong in the past...a lot, but here are his 3 key parts:
1. What I did was wrong
2. I feel badly that I hurt you
3. How do I make this better?
Simple right. Lol. You try it.

Chap 48: tell the truth all the time!
Plain and simple

Work on your true potentiality. A lot of us myself included don't use even a inkling of our potential every day. Know you can always be better everyday. Words to live by and follow.

I laughed and cried while reading this book. Taking with me all the lessons I learned. Start small one day at a time whether its your health and what you eat or exercise. Building stronger friendships reaching out to someone you haven't spoken to in a while or just nourishing the ones you see everyday. Laugh more, cry, don't judge. Have an open heart and mind to things and people and you'll see it in a whole new light. And as his common thread throughout the book of following your dreams like when you were a child... Dream Big! Dream Small! Just Dream!


No comments: