Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Album drops July 29th!!!



Interview by Tracy Forsyth-Lundy
Check out the pics created by the one and only on BackstageLiveMagazine



As you all know, I have been an absolute die hard Rock & Roll fan for more years than I can recall, however I have also come to adore some artists in the hip-hop as well as R&B genres. Timbaland has discovered some fabulous talent in his career & I have tried to focus in on as many of those artists as I can as they are the future of music.

Izza Kizza (AKA Terry Davis) is one of Timbaland's spectacular finds. How Tim came across Izza is one of "those fate situations" Kizza told me during our memorable phone conversation. "It turned out to be a great situation for me" he said with great enthusiasm.



Izza was actually interested in Science such as Archaeology, Animal Studies & really anything to do with nature or animals before he found his love for music. He had planned on becoming an archaeologist digging away for dinosaur bones before he realized that music was a true passion & now he is digging for those gold records. Izza performed on Timbaland's 'Shock value' cd and now he is busy in the studio working on his own full cd for all of us to revel in. "I'm trying for this summer" says Kizza in regards to the actual release time for this cd. He then hopes to follow up with a second & third cd to follow right behind going right into 2009. "Tim is going to embrace this project…he'll put his all into it. I'll make tit good & Tim will make it great' says Kizza.

Enjoying everything about his career right now, Kizza is having the time of his life working with Tim/ "I've admired Tim since I was a child" says Kizza. "My life is full of excitement right now, some of my favorite songs are produced by Tim" says Izza. Kizza also mentioned to me that the first time he heard 'Apologize' on Tim's CD he loved the song. He has also been a huge fan of Missy Elliot's work and managed to record one of his songs with her titled 'Walk the Dawg', it has a totally catchy hook to it and I love how the song was composed. My absolute favorite song of Izza's right now is 'Red Wine', it shows how versatile Izza really is with his music. His raspy yet oh so sexy voice shines in this song. You gotta hear it!



Keeping himself surrounded with positive people is key to Izza kizza. "Family & a strong team of management, everybody is a positive spirit' says Kizza. Izza is also a very proud father to his 8 year old son; "I want him to grow up in the South like I did" says Izza. Kizza grew up in what he called the Deep South in Georgia & feels that this is where his son needs to be in order to gain what he will need in life. Izza pulls inspiration from normal day-to-day stuff as well as past experiences when he writes & this dude loves being surprised. Note to self Ladies – the man likes surprises!

Looking into the rest of this year Izza has a very full agenda. Recording in New Jersey right now Izza is 100% focused ..ing off his first cd project. He is also looking to start up a non-profit organization for kids. "I'm not sure what direction it will take yet, but I'm working on it. I want kids to be able to have access to music and instruments, so hopefully it will be along those lines". Says Kizza.



Fans are also of the utmost importance to Izza. "Seeing them go crazy & the energy and love people give you because they love your music" is what Izza says he loves the most about getting on stage for all of you.

Recently adding a new song to his MySpace page titled "Here I Izz' for all to hear – the man certainly has an awesome sense of humor – no doubt about that! Kizza says to watch his MySpace page, he has a new one coming out as well as working with Ashlee Simpson on her new cd as well.

Our conversation was so easy to be a part of, he is intelligent, polite, extremely talented and certainly down to earth. Make sure to stop by his MySpace page and check out his rhymes – he IS the one and only Izza Kizza & he is right here in Backstage Live Magazine.


No comments: